Tickets & Pricing
Timed reservations are no longer required, but buying online allows you to save time and skip the line! Simply show your tickets at the gate, either on your mobile device or printed, for a quick and smooth entry into the Zoo. Plus, if your plans change, tickets purchased online expire 60 days from ticket date.
Plan ahead and save!
Save on any ticket purchase when you buy at least three days in advance. Choose your ticket type below to get started!
General Admission Tickets
tickets for all guests
$1500 - $1800
Ages 2 and under FREE!
Jackson/ Clay County Residents
Zoological District Discount Pricing
$750 - $900
Ages 2 and under FREE!
Back to Ticket Options
Is a face mask required?
- In compliance with the city's mask mandate, the Zoo requires masks or face coverings for everyone ages 5 and up in all public indoor spaces. Persons who have disabilities where face coverings or masks constitute a substantial impairment to their health and well-being based upon medical, behavioral, or legal direction are exempt.
Are reservations required?
- No, reservations are no longer required to enter the Zoo. However, buying your tickets online in advance will save you time and money. Tickets are valid 60 days from original ticket date.
Am I still able to use my Postcard to Adventure?
- Yes, Jackson and Clay County residents in Missouri will receive Postcards to Adventure in March, June, and October that are good for free admission for one day in each of the following months: April, July, August, and November/December.
- No advance reservation is needed to redeem your postcard. Please bring your postcard and ID (or piece of mail with your name and address) with your timed ticket for admission at the front entrance.
What about other ticket holders?
- POGO Pass holders need to bring their pass to Guest Relations for admission.
- Reciprocal AZA zoo members can purchase their discounted tickets at the Zoo entrance.
- Complimentary ticket holders may walk up to the front gate with your ticket to be scanned in.
What is open/closed? What can I see while at the Zoo?
- All animal habitats are open, staffing and weather permitting.
- Animal chats and shows have begun again. Please check the Daily Schedule to see what is available for the date of your visit. Animal chats will also continue to be available virtually here.
- Africa Tram, KCZoo Railroad, Endangered Species Carousel, and African Sky Safari are operating normally, weather and staffing permitting. Kenyan Cruise is open on weekends only. You can find more information on our rides here.
Is food available for purchase?
- Food stands are open with extra precautions in place.
- Multiple food and beverage locations are available with limited menus.
- Guests are also allowed to bring outside food, drink, and coolers into the Zoo.